Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a set of antique wrought iron furniture with a glass…

Hello. I have a...

Hello. I have a set of antique wrought iron furniture with a glass top and four matching chairs. There are no markings. Trying to identify the manufacturer and value

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is at least 50 years old at a minimum. There are several wrought iron flowers like a bouquet in the table itself.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I had it professionally sandblasted and painted 7 years ago so there are no identifying marks or numbers visible

3/25/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Thank you for the images, I will look these over for you.
It will take a few minutes for me to research and write back.

This is a set of wrought iron patio furniture from the 1930's to 1950's made by

Woodard and Sons of Owosso, Michigan, designed by one of the sons,

Russell Woodard in the Daisy Bouquet pattern. The table has a value of $400

and each chair is valued at $75.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

Thank you very much. That was quite helpful!

You are welcome!

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid separately by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Rarewares

Thank you for the good feedback.

If you would like to use me for any future questions,

put ForCustomer/strong> as the first words in your next new question.