Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We found these making windows tucked away in a garage.

Trying to learn more about...
We found these making windows tucked away in a garage. Trying to learn more about them and their value.
3/25/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

What is it you want to know about them?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am trying to determine their age and value
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am having trouble finding ones to compare online.

Hello

I can tell you they are from the early part of the 20thC around 1910-1920, this looks to have come out of a Church, it is a port style window. If you can tell me what size they are I can get the value

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The glass itself is 40 inches across and with the wood 48 inches.

Thank you, ***** ***** back

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Antique Stain Glass Windows have an estimated value on the current market for an average of $***-**-****.00 each, if sold at an auction (a local auction ) it would sell for a little less if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $1050.00 and up each depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $1050.00 each
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Offerup.com, Varagesale.com, Wanelo.com, www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com and letgo.com. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Awesome!! Thank you so much!! Considering they were free I am totally happy!

That is great, these are very nice.

Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser