Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a mirror mural (?) from the 1940's of a ship on a…

Customer Question
I have a mirror...

I have a mirror mural (?) from the 1940's of a ship on a really rough sea. What is it? The mirror itself is at least 1/4 inch

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

My father sent it to his mother during ww11

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/25/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 5 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

This is an interesting bespoke piece, a mirror from the 1940's with

a central airbrush painting of masted schooner. Bespoke is a term that means

it is an artisan-made custom piece. These were usually made for hanging in bars

and restaurants in the 1940's to 1960's. The value of this piece is $175 to $225

resale.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.