Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Curta Type II Calculator number 553600 Is it worth…

Customer Question
I have a Curta...

I have a Curta Type II Calculator number 553600 Is it worth any money?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

My husband bought it for $1.00 I don't know where he bought. I love the item. I don't have the Manuel for it. It is in it's metal case and that is in a leather case with strap

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It appears to be in very good condition.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/25/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is a 1969 Curta Type II Calculator based on that serial number and has a value of

$1300 to $1500 resale.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.