Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a 1943 Roos hope chest and was wondering what the…

Customer Question
I have a 1943...

I have a 1943 Roos hope chest and was wondering what the value was.It has a handle on the lid and a lock

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It was my mothers and kept in the family It has sort of swing out tray attached to the lid ,in very good condition

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It has a design along the bottom scalloped front.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/24/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help. A 1943 Ed Roos cedar hope chest

in good condition has a value of $225 in fair condition and $350 in very good condition.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.