Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a set of 3 wooden, wicker seated chairs. One is blond…

Hi, I have...

Hi, I have a set of 3 wooden, wicker seated chairs. One is blond and has decorations painted on it and the other 2 are black, both with painting/decorations on the backs and legs. I am not sure where they came from... just curious as to if they are worth anything.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not at this time... I'm not even sure how to describe the chairs. They are kind of ladder back, but not a true ladder back....

3/24/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Hello and thank you for your question.
I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Rarewares

Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

These are all considered Hitchcock chairs which are defined by a ladder back and stenciled or painted

scenes in gold or primary colors over another colored paint usually black or mustard. They have an additional Pennsylvania Dutch style of tole painting in some areas.

These chairs are early 20th century and have values of $150 for chair 1

$100 for chair 2 and $75 for chair 3.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

Rarewares
Great!! Thank you!!

You are welcome!