Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Wondering about the age, maker, and style information about…

Wondering about the age...

Wondering about the age, maker, and style information about a sofa I was just given.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is a Victor***** *****d carved sofa with tufted upholstery stuffing is horsehair . It looks like a "Belter" revival perhaps ? I have NO experience with antiques but I know this is one

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It has casters on the front and back also

3/24/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Did you get any pictures yet

Working on the answer now.

Thank you let me know if. You want more photos

This is a Victorian carved rosewood tufted back sofa

with brocade fabric, American circa 1900, exact maker unknown,

having a value of $800 to $950 resale on the secondary market.

Most furniture makers in the Us made this style during the 1880 to 1910

time period with the heavy tufting, single seat (no cushions) and casters

helping date the piece to about 1900.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

Rarewares

Thank you so much for the positive feedback.

If you would like to use me for any future questions,

put ForCustomer/strong> as the first words in your next new question.