Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

This is a question for Glenda. I am looking for price for 2…

This is a question for...
This is a question for Glenda B. I am looking for price for 2 Russel Wright early mid century lounge chairs and loveseat. They were made for Thonet. The two chairs are brown vinyl upholstery with tiger maple exposed arms and legs. The designer was Russel Wright and the manufacturer is Thonet. I found the exact chair on 1st Dibs but it had been sold and I could not find out price. This set was destroyed in a house fire and I am trying to get an insurance replacement cost. Thank you Nina
3/24/2018
Josie-Mod
I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online.
Thank you
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

I am looking this up for you be right back .

Thank you!’

After researching past sales on these three pieces, I found that in past sales in online Antique shops, and brick and mortar Shops across the United States, the Russel Wright designed Mid Century Lounge Chair, for the manufacturer Thonet has current market replacement value for an average of $2***-**-****.00 each The Love Seat by the same designer -$3***-**-****.00.
.

Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.

Thank you
Glenda
.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser