Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Rarewares, I have a collection of “crocks” and need your…

Rarewares, I have a collection...
Rarewares, I have a collection of “crocks” and need your opinion. PHotos attached. The two with blue on them , one has FB Norton Sons, Worcester, MA and the other Milford, Mass, are both 12”
image0.jpgimage0.jpgimage1.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage4.jpg
3/24/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Thank you for the images, I will look these over for you.
It will take a bit to research and write back, so I'll be back with you as soon as I can.~Rarewares

1) A circa 1900 10-gallon pickle crock with bail handles made by The Western Stoneware Company of Monmouth, Illinois, $75 to $100
2) F. B. Norton Sons of Worcester, Massachusetts (1858-1894) 2-gallon jug with cobalt retailer name of Patrick Gillon of Milford, Massachusetts, $250 to $350. The condition of the cobalt is important. The areas of "frying" in the blue design detracts from value.
3) New York Stoneware Company of Fort Edward, New York, 2-gallon bird jug (1861-1885), $1200 to $1600

There is a wonderful auction in Sparks, Maryland named Crocker Farm that might take the bird jug on consignment for their auction.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid separately by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Rarewares