Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Perhaps you can help me identify what a piece is. It seems…

Perhaps you can help...

Perhaps you can help me identify what a piece is. It seems to be for use in a kitchen, with bins, doors and drawers on the end. Can send a photo

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The family who owned it is from Arizona, that is about all I know

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Hi I would be happy to help you. You may send the photos to***@******.*** and please put for ladytanya65 in the email so the company knows to send them to me. Thank you I will post back here as soon as I receive the photos .

I have not received the photos as of yet but will post as soon as I do. Thank you just wanted to update you as I am signing off for the night it is midnight here right now.

Hi thank you I do have the photo now on my end. I appreciate you posting this. I will review and get the current value and information on this and post back upon completion this evening thank you

Thank you for your patience this is a nice old piece. Age of this is 1860=1900 and was used as a kitchen work station. Holding spices, seasonings, utensils , flour and other necessary items and food prep. Most were so used they were lost over time this looks to be well cared for and the handles have been replaced over time. They would have been cut glass or crystal not the white porcelain. All the drawer covers look to be in good shape.

Value on this kitchen piece is $950.00 if you were to insure it. On the market today you would see an actual price of 550-600.00 if you were to sell this today.

In the 1900-1920 the whole kitchen changed.Street cars made it possible to buy food from grocery stores in smaller quantities, making bulk food storage unnecessary. City water was connected to most houses between 1900 and 1920 in towns and cities, making wells, and carrying water outdated. Water heaters were connected to stoves, allowing hot water for both sinks and baths to be conveniently available. And ice boxes were common in homes, soon to be replaced by early refrigerators, which were introduced in the 1920’s.

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
I was very happy with the service and information I received. It gave me a starting point for decision making. Thank you very much LadyTanya65!