Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a collectible comic book and an action figure that…

I have a collectible comic...
I have a collectible comic book and an action figure that I'd like to know what they are worth.
3/24/2018
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Hi I would be happy to help you. Please post a photo of the coming book and action figure if possible. To post here click on the paperclip or file upload button and follow the prompts. If photos are not possible I will need the action figure name, height, date on the figure and the company of production. On the comic book the title and number and who produced the book. I look forward to helping you.
I don't have a photo of either but I can describe them. The comic book is a 1993 DC publication - Batman #500. It was autographed by Bob Kane, the creator of Batman. It is #528 of 1993 Batman 500's that he had signed. It has never been read and has a card of authentication. The action figure is the chrome edition of Lady Chaos put out by Chaos Comics in the early 190's. I never opened the package it was bought in. She is about 6" or 7" tall.
No thanks on the phone call.
On thinking about it, the Lady Chaos figure might be only 4 or 5 inches tall.
That 190's date should be late 1980's or early 1990's
Hi great thank you for this I am looking it up now and will post her shortly. Appreciate your help and the phone calls are up to you. The company sends the offer out. I do like to keep my responses in written form so you can print them out if desired. Thanks again and will post upon completion here.
LadyTanya65? I'm going to leave the internet now. It's getting somewhat late here. If you want to send an email to me with the details of what you've found, my email address is***@******.*** . I do thank you for your efforts and apologize for contacting you so late with the question. I will look forward to your answer.

Thank you for your patience. This is a great group of the collectibles. The Both are completed here for you.

1. comic book is a 1993 DC publication - Batman #500. It was autographed by Bob Kane, the creator of Batman. It is #528 of 1993 Batman 500's.......................

This has an insured valued of 750.00

If you were to sell this in the market today you would see a price of 300-500.00 depending on you sell it. An auction format would see 350-475.00 and could go higher if collectors were wanting this issue and bidding against each other. The higher values on this copy are due to the excellent condition/never read-being autographed and authenticated as you stated. I have attached below links to Bob Kane autograph and obituary also if you had not seen them before;

https://www.famousbirthdays.com/people/bob-kane.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Kane

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/learning/general/onthisday/bday/1024.html

========================================

2. action figure is the chrome edition of Lady Death by Chaos Comics ....

This action figure has an insurance value of $75.00 in unopened box.

If you are wanting to sell this figure it has a price of 45-50.00 in todays market and if it has been opened and touched the figure would see a price of 15-20.00

The values are steadily climbing so if you were to hold on to it the market prices would increase.

================================

If I have helped you completely please take a moment to rate my work with the stars above our post here. It is strictly how I am paid by the company and does not cost you anything more. I appreciate your time and if I may be of further service to you please let me know.

Have a great weekend.

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Thanks for that info. I didn't know Bob Kane had died. I didn't know either item was worth that much. I have other comics that I had collected too. I have to look at that them to see what I do actually have and how old those are. A group of them come from when I had bought them in the 1960's, I think. But, once again, thanks.

Thank you I am glad I was able to help you. If you would like me to help you with the others please put "for ladytanya65" in your next post and I will see it and be happy to help you. The comic books especially the older issues have value depending on the issue.

I was finished with my question. You gave me the answer I needed and had helped me. It was getting to be a bit late when I was going offline then. That's why I had left the message with my email address so you could send me the answer when you were next able. I did give you a rating too. I think it was 5.