Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

What is a copy of of Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott

What is a copy...

What is a copy of of Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott copyright 1886 worth

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is in good condition. I do not know if the book came with her signature or she signed it, but it is there under her picture.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

There a drawings of other Alcott books in the back.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

Can you tell me a bit more about it? What is the name of the publisher? Can you describe the cover?

~Diana

The cover is teal color with a branch along with lines. The publisher is Roberts Brothers or university Press: ***** ***** and Son, Cambridge

Hi. Thank you. That's just what I was looking for.

.

Jo's Boys was first published in 1886 by Robert's Brothers. Like many books from this era, it would have featured ads in the back. Based on your description of the cover design with the branch, that sounds like it could be a first edition.

.

It should be worth about $125 to $200 in fair to good condition (spine damage, foxing, spotting, minor tears, etc). It'll be worth about $250 to $350 in very good to excellent condition (very minor shelf wear, intact spine, no tears or rips, no stains, etc).

.

If you do decide to sell it, I'd contact vintage book shops in your area. You might also check with local antique stores. There are a number of collectors that deal in books. To be completely honest, you'll definitely get a higher value by selling it yourself.
.
If you want to try selling your book yourself, I highly recommend checking out Etsy, Barnes and Nobles Marketplace and Amazon's Marketplace. They are great sources for selling and they do handle worldwide sales.

.

You can also check into:Albris or Biblio. Albris actually has one of the best price rates out there, but Biblio tends to get more customer traffic.

.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great weekend.
~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi. Thank you for the positive rating. I appreciate it. If there's anything else I can do, please let me know.

Best Wishes,

Diana