Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Looking for the value of a pair of Kotobuki Occupied Japan…

Looking for the value...

Looking for the value of a pair of Kotobuki Occupied Japan Vases12 inches tall, sticker on bottom, BT Passed, numbers look like(###) ###-####

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

That's all i know about the pair of vases, I do know my MIL bought them in Japan many years ago.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

They are in good shape

3/23/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Hello and thank you for your question.
I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Rarewares

Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

This is a pair of Satsuma moriage earthenware vases featuring sages and goddesses

made by the Kotobuki kiln during the Occupied Japan period of

1945 to 1952. The mark Made in Occupied Japan was required on items while the US was an occupying force during these years. The sticker indicates that the pair passed the inspection process. The vases have a value of $120 for the matched pair.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares
Thanks. I have two other pieces, want to take a look?

We prefer one item per question, so just start a new question and put ForCustomeras the first words in the question, thanks!

texting doesn't work. Thanks for your help!

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

If you have more items, just start a new question and write ToCustomer/strong>.