Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have be given a charger plate and it says in the back

I have be given...

I have be given a charger plate and it says in the back Wiuterliug Schwerzenbach Bavaria Germany #4 Quautats Porzelain. Original Karlsbader Tiefatzkante echo- Gold Handerbeit. Do you know what this means and how much it might be with? It is a beautiful gold with cobalt blue couple on a swing in gold and around the rim has couples...

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Wish I could take a picture but it’s all etched gold with blue around the center.

3/23/2018
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question.

Typo - echt- gold
Why was I already charged the $43. When I have not received an answer. It should have only been the $5.

I was trying to complete my full answer when your response came through.

Please contact customer service so that I can provide an answer.

Site Charges:

We professionals are not considered employees of Just Answer, We are verified by the site to answer questions in our fields. We are considered site users just like you. Therefore we have no knowledge of or control over the finances of the site or what they charge customers.

If you wish to discuss site charges, see this link.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

OR

Email address:

***@******.*** (send no photos - special instructions)

Or by phone:

US/Canada 1.***-***-**** OR 1.***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

International

Australia 1800-679-634

New Zealand 0800-452-621

United Kingdom 0***-***-****

The rest of the world 1-***-***-****

Kind regards,

Doris

I would still appreciate your input, I just hope it’s worth more than that. I respect that you are a professional. Please continue with your research. Thank you

What looks like charger is probably a cake plate from a coffee service. See the translation .

Winterling Bros had a porcelain factory in the city of Schwarzenbach in Bavaria, Germany. This is a excellent quality porcelain rated as #4. It was decorated in etched gold in the city of Carlsbad in old Bavaria as part of a coffee service.

The estimated retail value is $110-150.

Online auctions like eBay generally bring wholesale selling prices. Sales in the eBay "Buy It Now" format are closer to retail.

If you would like to sell close to estimated retail, some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Be sure to specify local pick up only for large items. That way the buyer would be responsible for obtaining his own insurance and transport.

These sites carry antique as well as vintage items.
Accept PayPal only.

Etsy.com - small fees-20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
Artfire.com

These sites are excellent and more upscale but fees are higher. I only recommend them if you have several items to sell.

Rubylane.com
Tias.com
cyberattic.com
trocadero.com
https://www.justcollecting.com

Or your nearest CraigsList.com or nextdoor.com where you can list items for free. Accept cash only.

Ultimately, to obtain these retail values we assume the piece or set is in good condition and that the final value depends on sale geographic location.

In general, a private seller to a dealer, via consignment or at auction can expect 30-50% of estimated retail value.

Insurance replacement values are usually about 20%-50% more than retail values.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.
You can also add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.

Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser

**********************
Thank you so much for the positive rating! If you have questions in the future, please request me by typing “For Doris only” as the first three words of the question. I should be the one to take your question.

Thank you again.
**********************