Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Tapestry by Mathieu Mategot, Automne is the name…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a Tapestry by Mathieu Mategot, Automne is the name and it's dimensions are 120 x 160 cms. I'm wondering what the value would be.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I know that my husbands parents bought it in the early 60's while visiting France. I have pictures of it. It's all wool and signed by Pinton.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not sure but doubt I'd have any further info... sorry.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/23/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Mathieu Matégot (1910-2001) was a tapestry artist that

created large abstract works in wool in the 1950's and 1960's.

This piece for Pinton Freres (Pinton Brothers) of France titled

Automne (Autumn) has a current value of $12,000 to $15,000 resale.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com, www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

To convert to CAD, this would be approximately 15477CAD to 19346CAD.