Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Pour Ruby by Pablo Picasso. This is what is says on…

Hello I have a Pour Ruby...
Hello
I have a Pour Ruby by Pablo Picasso. This is what is says on the back: The original etching “pour ruby” is a classic example of his genius. Signed and titled in the plate by Picasso , the signature, of course appears in reverse in the pull. Applying a precious quality to the limitation of line, he has captured the character of a close friend.
It is authenticated by the societe de verification de la nouvelle
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is***** also add one photo of the front by using the +addfiles feature.

This is a later restrike etching offered by The Collector's Guild Ltd in the 1970's

of Pablo Picasso's (1881-1973) piece titled Pour Roby. This was an illustration created in 1950 for his author friend Robert Roby Godet for him to use in his book L'age de Soleil. This piece has a value of $150 to $175 resale today.

To sell, try ads on these sites; http://www.masterpieceonline.com, artbrokerage.com, askart.com, artnet.com, artvalue.com, or artprice.com.
Some other sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com,
eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the five stars now for this one, it is very important for me to get good feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.

I sent a picture of the front. Did you comment on that?

There is only a photo of the certificate here.

I am familiar with this piece offered by this company, so I answered based on that. Feel free to add the photo

of the front here.

Rarewares

Thank you for the good feedback.

If you would like to use me for any future questions,

put ForCustomeras the first words in your next new question.