Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

How can I tell if I have a true Limoges box and it’s worth?

Customer Question
How can I tell...

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a photo of it, it has Limoges on the bottom in gold, has a lid

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It’s not small, not a trinket box

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 6 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi I would be happy to help you. Please post a photo of the overall box and clear close up of the markings. Also if you happen to know the measurements. This will all help in giving you accurate value and information. To post the photos click on the paperclip or file upload button and follow the prompts. You may also email the photos to***@******.*** and in the email please put "for ladytanya65" so the company will know whom to forward the photos on to. Thank you I look forward to seeing the box and helping you.

Beautiful piece. Please allow me to review the box further and post back when my evaluation is completed. Thank you
Still waiting..
How are these?
0E79CB6E-C65F-4750-A262...jpeg0E79CB...jpegB2A3F62A-5C7A-47AF-9F16...jpegB2A3F6...jpeg5FAEED89-D1AE-4B8B-A993...jpeg5FAEED...jpegAAA01788-F783-4738-A738...jpegAAA017...jpeg2C83004E-9E4A-46B6-BE54...jpeg2C8300...jpeg7FC83EF4-918D-40AE-9FE3...jpeg7FC83E...jpegDDFC958F-305C-48DE-9B3F...jpegDDFC95...jpeg
The measurements you asked for, the Limoges is stamped in gold.
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 5 months ago

Thank you these photos are perfect I have been researching this and will be completed this afternoon on the Limoge box Thank you for your photos and patience. This is an authentic Limoge Box and I am gathering the values on this one.

Still waiting, company is asking for a review of service.
April 4th, no answer yet.
April 5th. Still waiting.