Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I got this lot at an auction as heisey glass. It was one of…

For Rareware only. I got...
For Rareware only. I got this lot at an auction as heisey glass. It was one of a huge number of this same pattern up in various lots. I'm getting eye strain trying to identify it. I worked on in about 2 hours to no avail, so I'm turning it over to you. Can you please tell me if it has a pattern name or number so that I can try to price the various items I got? I got a large fluted Bowl 11 3/8 in in diameter and 3 and 3/4 in tall 2 smaller three toed fluted bowls about 6 and 3/4 inch in diameter and 2 and 1/2 in tall. I also got a large oval Bowl about 12 and 3/8 by 7 and 3/4 by 3 in and a three-way divided dish with three small feet which is 12 and 1/4 by 7 and 1/2 by 2 in. Then there are 210 and three-quarter inch diameter plates and what I would call Sweets plate with a handle fleur-de-lis on top that has about a 12-inch diameter. At this point, I'm not even sure if it's heisey glass, but there were literally well over a hundred pieces in various lots soul today. Your help would be appreciated. I'll send a photo of the pattern. Thanks in advance!
3/22/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Heisey would have the raised H on pieces in most cases. I think this would be Fostoria, Cambridge-one of those. Look over some pieces or add a few more pics and let me know if you find the Heisey raised H anywhere. That will give some direction.
Thank you for the images, I will look these over for you.
It might take overnight for me to research and write back.
Thank you for your patience and for requesting me.~Rarewares

Got it!

This is a Fostoria center handle tidbit tray in Meadow Rose pattern, etch 328, made from 1936 to 1975.

The plate is valued at $30. Examples of the other items can be found here. These prices are high retail and not the secondary market prices, just use the examples for shapes and item matches.

https://www.replacements.com/webquote/fosmer.htm

Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares
Thank goodness I only paid about $70 for all of my pieces. I think the buyer who bought most of the lots may be very upset. I appreciate your work!!

Great buy!

It will take a while to sell it all and you could even flip it to another auction knowing now what it is. (I've done that).

Just pull out the unique pieces to sell and flip the rest.

Good idea! I feel sorry for the person who bought all of the other lots! Stemware, dishes, and lots more serving pieces. I have contacted the auction company to let them know.

Auctions usually have a disclaimer verbally and in writing near the desk that states "as is-where is" meaning that no matter how it is presented, it is the buyer's responsibility to inspect and know fully what they are buying. I have been able to work with auctioneers and return items and/or get a reduction if they grossly misrepresented (presented as 22k gold as item was 10k gold as an extreme example). Each auction house uses their own discretion for how flexible to be with the as is where is policy.

Either way, you will be fine with what you bought. You got a good value for this quantity and next time, save yourself 2 hours of searching and ask me first. I am always here to help and I do love doing this type of research.

Just ask for Rarewares as the first few words of your question. I am familiar just about everything except rugs and swords.

Thanks, I'll do that!