Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a large dining table in Qld Maple that is in three…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a large dining table in Qld Maple that is in three distinctive parts. Able to be uses as an oval one approximately 2.6mts long x 1.1mt wide. Other options are as two tables - 1 at 1.6 rectangular 1 at 1.3 round or 3 separate tables at 1.6x1 rectangular 2x 65cm semi circular. The edges and legs are carved.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I am aware of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 6 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Hello and thank you for your question.
I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Rarewares

Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I have forwarded some photos of the table. Are you an American Based Co?
Table (2).jpgTable (2).jpgTable (3).jpgTable (3).jpgTable (4).jpgTable (4).jpgTable (5).jpgTable (5).jpgTable (6).jpgTable (6).jpgTable (7).jpgTable (7).jpgTable (8).jpgTable (8).jpgTable (9).jpgTable (9).jpg

Have you looked on the underside of the table for maker's label or stenciled marks?

(Yes, I am in America)

This is a 20th-century Queensland maple convertible dining table in a George III

style with carved edge and reeded and spade legs. The value of the

table is $600AUD.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Gumtree.com, Traderoo.com, Quicksales.com, OZtion.com, ALLBIDS.com, BidMate.com, kitschplease.com or Ebay.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the 5 stars. Bonuses are also welcome!

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.