Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have inherited two framed pieces that I think are

Customer Question
Hi I have...

Hi I have inherited two framed pieces that I think are charcoal. I do not know who the artist is or even when they were done. My great aunt lived and worked in the Washington DC area for many years before her death in the late 1970's. I took them to a frame store many years ago and even the framer could not place them, but he thought he had seen something like these pieces in Maryland. I do know that my great aunt was a collector and supported local area artists. If I send you pictures of these pieces can you help me find out their origins?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/22/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Hello and thank you for your question.
I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Rarewares

The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

I am unable to find a match for this artist. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 3 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please allow me time to review these photos and research the pieces. They are well done and it will take some research to see if I can place them. In the photo 5912 is the by shucking corn or? It appears to be blurry and I want to be sure of the subject. Thank you so much wonderful artwork look forward to helping you.

Thank you this photo is perfect I appreciate your help. I am researching this and will post back when completed.
Hello? It has been a few days...can I have an update?