Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a silver teapot, cream & sugar with 4 markings as…

Customer Question
I have a silver...

I have a silver teapot, cream & sugar with 4 markings as follows

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Jr, a crown, a lion, a cross or possibly anchor

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

# on bottom 21663

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 5 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Hello and thank you for your question.
I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Rarewares

Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

first symbol is JR in a box
next symbol is a crown
next symbol is a lion
last symbol is either a T or S possibly an anchor

I really need to see a photo of the marks and of the set.

The shapes that the marks are in are just as important as the marks themselves.

Teapot has a square top handle with an small thumb stopper for pouring. The lid is attached with lever. Both lid & lower of pot has iedged design completely around it.

I proposed an offer for you to text photos to me. Accept this offer if this is

a way that you could get photos to me of the tea set and the marks.

I really do have to see the marks and the set with my own eyes in order to tell you what you have.

landline only
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago

Here are a few different options for sending pictures. The availability of each feature depends on which browser
(Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer) you are using and whether you are on a desktop or a phone.

1) Use the +Add Files feature next to the red SEND button on in the area where you write back to me
to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.

2) Use the paperclip icon above the texting area where you reply.
The photos will upload when you add at least one word in the text box.
You won't see the photo, but the paperclip will turn green.

3) You can email the pictures to***@******.*** with
"forCustomerquot; in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me (please include the link to your question page).This way takes 24-48 hours.