Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a GUISEPPE CAPPE CAPODIMONTE MUSICAL ORGAN GRINDER…

I have a GUISEPPE...

I have a GUISEPPE CAPPE CAPODIMONTE MUSICAL ORGAN GRINDER and was wondering if it was worth anything.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It says T.K.C MADE IN ITALY YK/45 I the bottom And also has a signature.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I don't believe so.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

The 1st picture, on the back, I didn't realize there was a crack in it till I took it out. It's always stayed in our China cabinet
20180322_133621.jpg2018032...jpg20180322_133607.jpg2018032...jpg20180322_133556.jpg2018032...jpg20180322_133544.jpg2018032...jpg20180322_133530.jpg2018032...jpg20180322_133535.jpg2018032...jpg20180322_133538.jpg2018032...jpg

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

This is a vintage, 20th century, porcelain figural group and music box of an organ grinder from Italy that was modeled by Giuseppe Cappe for a Capodimonte maker.

The 'crack' on the underside looks to be from the firing process and should not impact value.

On today's auction market, this could sell for as high as $350 - $400.

You will now need to please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora