Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Trying to figure out what to believe in doing research on…

Trying to figure out...

Trying to figure out what to believe in doing research on line for my Disney vhs videos. Any suggestions how to get an honest answer of their worth?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

They are all in original cases and many are classics all purchased at least 20 years ago

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I have gold collection tapes and anniversary limited edition as well who do you suggest I call regarding these tapes

3/22/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Ok

Are you wanting the average value?

Well I was hoping to view a list so I could see how much I have and what they are worth. With all the fake hype I don’t dare put them on eBay but do not know who to bring them to that is a valid source in determining this

There is no list of these tapes, no one has complied an actual list of all the tapes and what they sold for. You are right the prices are all over the place and are not true. After investigating these Tapes, the site snopes.com found that there were never any that sold for those prices. There is an average price that the tapes are sold for, most having been sold on Ebay.

But, all those out there for thousands, never sold for that amount, only a few very rare disney tapes sold for higher prices.

You can list them on Ebay, but before doing so I would check all complete Ebay auctions, to see what the tape sold for in the past.

I can give you the average price that Disney tapes sell for from data bases we appraisers pay to access.

This will give you an idea of what they have sold for in the past 12 months, then you can decide what to list yours for.

Glend

Ok I'll start with that
While I have you can you shed any light on Barbies? I'm 60 and still have them.

Well yes, Barbies are not bringing what they did just 5 years ago. The market became saturated with all the boomers selling their old barbies. The ones that bring the most are the very original ones, never been played with, still in original boxes etc. The others sell from prices all over the place. Ebay completed is the best place to check those prices. There are a lot of books out there on Barbies, you can also check them out at the library. I would check completed auctions.

Ok thank you

Hi,v

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Disney VHS Videos, have an estimated value on the current market for an average of $25.00-40.00, if sold at an auction (a local auction ) it would sell for a little less, if this were sold in a High End Shop in a larger city it would sell for $40.00 and up each depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $30.00 each, and see how they go
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

I strive to give the best answers I can, I notice that you rated me a 4, is this due to something I did or did not do? I ask because I would like to improve on answers if that is the case. I appreciate you letting me know if I did something.

Glenda