Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have 11 weedgrwood all leaf design salad plates in

I have 11 weedgrwood...

I have 11 weedgrwood all green leaf design salad plates in excellent codition and one 10 inch appetizer rectangle plate with a chip in it. I would like to know how much they are worth

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I just know that they are stamped on the bottom with wedgewood word and a DNU and a small upside down v on all the plates. the retangular one is marked wedgewood and a c and w and it looks like a small letters of vct that i can make out

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

They have been in the family for over 50 years and since I have had them never been used.

3/22/2018
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

That's a gorgeous pattern. Green Leaf was made from 1949 to 1957 and it is a discontinued pattern so some of your pieces might be harder to find. That can not only raise the value, but helps with how collectible it is.

.

The salad plates are worth $15 to $20 each.

.

With a chip in it, the appetizer plate is worth $40 to $50.

.

As a whole set, it'll be worth $175 to $225. It'll have an insurance value of $275

.

The insurance is always good to know just in case something gets broken in shipping or transit.

.

.

That should do it, but if I missed anything, please let me know.
.

You're welcome to ask whatever you like or bargain with any sellers, but this is what your set is actually worth. The reason I broke it down is because sometimes you can get a higher value by breaking the set up or by piecing it out. Like you mentioned, it helps to know what each piece is worth.

.

Deciding on which way to sell it really depends on how fast you need to sell it. If you'd like to sell it fast, I'd recommend selling it as one lot and in the lower price range.
.

I can give you a few ideas for selling if you're interested. For selling, Etsy and Amazon's marketplace are great alternatives to Ebay. There is also Rubylane, Tias, and Cyberattic. They're more like online antique shops. They do cost a bit more to list there, but they get higher prices. Etsy is a good alternative if you want some place with lower listing fees. They have the lowest rates around right now.
.
Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values tend to be lower. Ebay, like with any auction, you can expect about 1/2 of the actual value. You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself in a private sale as opposed to an auction or selling it to a dealer. If you do decide to try Ebay, consider using reserves.
.

There is also craigslist. Your town might even have a facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online garage sale). Some buyers have even started using apps or sites like LetGo or Varagesale. The only big downside to these is you always run a risk of meeting someone that may be dangerous. If you go that route, never have them come to your house. Always meet someplace very public and never go alone. I don't generally recommend any of those options because I would hate for something to happen to you. One generally safe option is meeting up at a local police station. A lot of towns allow sellers to use their parking lots as meeting places.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you.

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.
If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

.

Have a great day,

~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
I do have another set of plates , they are from bavaria schvarzenhammer, germany staped wih gold crown and number 25. I have 12 othe the small they look like tea plates with the slotted edges trimmed in gold fruit pattern. I have one 10 inch plate same fruit pattern all in excellent condition.

Hi. Thank you for the positive rating. I appreciate it. Technically, we're not allowed to add items on to an existing question, but I can make an exception for these.

.

Do you have any pictures you can send of them?

.

To send photos:

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then you can click this link for instructions on uploading images
.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

.

thanks,

Diana

Hi. I just saw that you got a refund. Was there something wrong with my answer?

~Diana