Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

4only. I have two small plates and a bowl by C. Tielsch,

4Customeronly. I have two small...
4Customeronly. I have two small plates and a bowl by C. Tielsch, altwasser Germany. It's a fruit pattern and the two plates are approximately 6 and a quarter inches square while the bowl is about 8 and a quarter inch square. There is some gold loss in the trim but it is minimal except for the plate on the right hand side of the photo on the left edge of that plate. There are no cracks or chips or crazing. I'm interested in knowing as much as possible about them and their value. I couldn't seem to find them on Replacements or eBay.
3/22/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Carri,

Thank you for the images, I will look these over for you.
It will take a few minutes for me to research and write back.

Thank you for your patience and for requesting me.~Rarewares

C. Tielsch and Company of Altwasser, Silesia, Germany

was in business from 1845 to 1945.

After the war, they continued as a

Polish company (the war redrew country lines) until 1952.

This particular green (logo) CT Altwasser Silesia mark on your plates was used between 1920 to 1932, your plates dating to the late 1920's. I don't usually find that the number represents a year, I think the 27 was an inner factory reference to shape or style rather than the year 1927. There is not a formal pattern name for this shape or pattern as was common for this company on the fruit decorated pieces.

This square, angular style with fruit transfer designs and gold beaded trim being popular in the art deco period of the late 20's into the 1930's. The two square luncheon plates are worth $25 to $35 each and the tab handled fruit or serving bowl has a value of $35. Normally, these are about 105 to 15% less but the condition of the gold is exceptional on these (except for that one spot) and that adds a bit to their value.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares
You are so quick and so thorough! Thanks a million!

You are so welcome. I am happy to help anytime

and I am online 7 days a week in most cases.

I hope to work with you again soon.