Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a signed Steuben glass bowl that was my grandmother's…

I have a signed...

I have a signed Steuben glass bowl that was my grandmother's (who has been gone for over 29+ years), It has never been used and I would like a fair idea if this is worth anything. I was offered $40 for it but I think it is worth much more. Is it possible for me to send you a picture of this and perhaps you can tell me the value of this item,

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I am 78 years old and frankly have some nice things that were handed down to my mother and now I have them but will be moving with my daughter and she doesn't want them as she isn't a collector of old things as I am. Here in Miami, FL. anything old is torn down or thrown out and I just can't do that I think there is someone out there in this country who appreciates the old things.

3/22/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Hello, and thank you for your question.
I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Rarewares

Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I do not participate in the phone service.

I'd be happy to continue here in writing.

Rarewares
I have a picture but it is on my phone and I can't transfer to my computer at this time.
I am sending to you now. Thank you.

I got the picture. I will work on this next.

Thank you.

This is a Carder Steuben Grotesque bowl #7584, desinged by Frederick Carder in the 1920's.

The value of this bowl is $300 to $400 resale.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them. For example, Bill Hood and Sons Auctions of South Delray Beach has a good reputation in south Florida.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.