Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Royal Doulton Humidor Circa early 1900s It has

Customer Question
I have a Royal...

I have a Royal Doulton Humidor Circa early 1900s It has hallmarked silver band on stem and thelid and surrounds It has a picture of thre old men smoking pipes on each side It is in pristine condition except for a small dent on the collar siver. It has been in my family since my parents were married in 1920. I have been lead to believe it could be valuable and worry about insurance.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I don't think so I have seen one advertised for sale from Royal Dalton museum it from 1902 bbut no pricing available

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/22/2018
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 4 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Hi I would be happy to help you. Can you post photos of the piece with clear close ups of any markings. Also if you could measure the humidor for me. All of this will help me in giving you accurate information and value. To post photos here please click on the paper clip or file upload button and follow the prompts. Thank you I look forward to seeing this and helping you.