Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have two mid century modern paintings that were framed in…

Customer Question
I have two mid...

I have two mid century modern paintings that were framed in Washington DC and they have a signature but I cannot make it out

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The paintings are large, they are oil and have lots of depth and color. They are skylines of a large cities and are signed with a name that I cannot make out but the signature is not on the bottom horizontally the signature is up the right side vertically near the corner and dated ‘57. Signature looks to be am or aw Wooten or Vootnen

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Framed at Mickelson’s*****NW Washington DC

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 months ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures?

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

Alternately, you can upload them to the free site www.imgur.com and post the link here.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

What do you think ?

It's going to take me some time to review. I'll get back to you in a bit.

Jennifer

Okay.

I'm sorry, I am unable to decipher the signature and no matches are coming up in my image databases.

I will opt out and perhaps another appraiser will be able to handle this.

Jennifer

What have you found out if anything please
Is there an additional charge for this ?
Has the new appraiser discovered an answer for me yet ?
Antique Expert: Erin-Marie Wallace, CEO of Rare-Era.com Appraisals & Auctions replied 3 months ago
Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace, CEO of Rare-Era.com Appraisals & Auctions

Greetings and good afternoon! There is no additional charge to have another appraiser examine your paintings, my name is ***** ***** I'd like to research these for you. Give me a few moments, I'm hoping to reply with your answer.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

As you know... this is a tricky signature so this may take a moment.

Unfortunately my research is turning up flat as well so I am going to open this question up the other JustAnswer experts. There is no additional charge for this and all of your conversations and images will be available.

I wish you all the luck and skill!

Erin-Marie

Okay. Sounds good.
Maybe this is Norwegian ?
Painting looks even nicer standing away from it
I have received no response. I paid and am still waiting and have heard nothing