Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Seth clock with 639 on back on paper. Front has nest with…

Customer Question
Seth Thomas clock with...

Seth Thomas clock with 639 on back on paper. Front has nest with snake

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Black veneer I believe is what it is. Large mantel clock I would think with 639 and 28 on the back paper

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I believe that is all I know. The clock has been in all family for all God would know.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 3 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Hello, and thank you for your question.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Rarewares

Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the clock,
dial and any markings on the back or on the movement.

has Sessions clock on back with 639 and 28 on back

This is a 1923 to 1928 Sessions (not Seth thomas)

mantle clock with black enamel wood case, columns, paw feet and side ornaments

in model number 639. In working condition, this clock is valued at

$135 resale.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

I do not need a phone call now since I got the information I need from the information above

I have answered in writing so the phone call will stay open to other Experts, but I will not be accepting the offer.

$135 resale.

to get five-star feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.