Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I want an appraisal on my grandmothers china. They were made…

I want an appraisal...

I want an appraisal on my grandmothers china

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

They were made in France before the factory burned down. Haviland &C.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Limoges

3/21/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

It isn’t a complete set

This is a partial service of Haviland and Company Limoges (France)

porcelain with maker (green) and decorator (red) marks on the back that date this set to 1889 to 1896.

They made thousands if patterns, most with no formal names, on different shapes.

This set was not given a formal name.

The values are as follows;

$20 each for dinner plates

$15 per set for cup and saucer

$10 each for large low soup bowls

$45 for covered vegetable bowl

$20 for medium open vegetable bowl

$25 for large open vegetable bowl

$30 for tab handled cake plate

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares