Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an antique type writer and antique adding machine. I…

Customer Question
I have an antique...

I have an antique type writer and antique adding machine. I want to find out how to sell them and what they would be worth.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

One moment please I will go in next room for name on the items

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

What are the things you need to know about my items?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/21/2018
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 4 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

What kind are each of them, can you send a picture of each one?

Adding machine Remington Rand Model #93 (Adding, Bookkeeping, Calculating Machine) made in USA
Remington Rand Typewriter. I don't know much about them I have had them 30 years. I can take pictures but I would have to down load and it would take some time.
no I do not want to talk at this time. Does this mean that my time is over?
I don't want to spend more for something I don't have an answer yet. sorry
I am signing off

Hello

no our time is not over, the phone call is an upsell offer by the site, not the appraisers. Appraisers are independent we come to the site to answer questions that customers post.

I am looking up the values for you now

Can you tell me the model of the typewriter?

Couldn't find model number just name

Ok, thank you.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.

The Remington Rand Model #93 Adding, Bookkeeping, Calculating Machine has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $150.00-175.00, The Vintage Remington Rand Typewriter $275.00-350.00,
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.

Thank you
Glenda
.