Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an antique chandelier that I need to value. I don’t…

I have an antique...

I have an antique chandelier that I need to value

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I don’t know much except it was purchased at auction over 65 years ago by my parents

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

If I could attach a picture here that is all my could do

3/21/2018
Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace, CEO of Rare-Era.com Appraisals & Auctions

Greetings, my name is ***** ***** I'd like to help you with your request. Images uploaded to the system would be incredibly helpful in assisting you pinpoint the value of your chandelier. Here is a link which will explain how this is done.

I look forward to assisting you.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

Ok so I paid on PayPal to get a value on a chandelier I have pictures to send but not clear how to upload them here

You are looking for the attachment button, it's usually a little paperclip that when clicked upon will open a new window which will allow you to find your image files and upload them to the system one at a time. Here is the link to JustAnswer's help page on attaching images.

Kind Regards,

Erin-Marie

I attached photos here of chandelier please let me know u got them
0F488A95-251E-442B-AB2C...jpeg0F488A...jpeg48B6FDDE-B11B-4B4F-8246...jpeg48B6FD...jpegimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Perfectly executed! Give me a few moments and I'll respond with a written evaluation of your chandelier.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

Ok thank you
Just checking to see if u are still there working on this request?

Yes I am, typing my answer right now, just not the fastest typist.

Kind Regards,

Erin-Marie

Oh ok thank you
I’m new to this so bear with me too

I love technology but have all the patience in the world when it comes to learning how to use it! You have a lovely 6-light bronze chandelier, this is likely French and is executed in the Belle Epoque style. Even though the stye is late 19th century, I believe your chandelier was made in the 20th century. Chandeliers like this are valued on their size and decoration, a six-light version like yours isn't quite as rare as a larger eight, ten or twelve-light, nonetheless, yours is quite decorative and examples with figurative elements are always in demand.

Similar examples offered at auction have sold between $500USD and $600USD. Once examples like these have found their way into galleries, retail prices can be two to three times the amount sold at auction so $1500USD to $2000USD wouldn't be uncommon. Being said, retail prices will vary greatly depending upon the market the store is working within, client interest and decorative design.

I always strive for 5-star service, so if you have any follow-up questions regarding this do let me know and we will continue to chat until everything is answered. Otherwise, if this answers your inquiry, please take a moment to rate my service using the 'Stars' above.

Most Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

Ok thank you this helps because I have a potential buyer that works with a lighting dealer - she asked me how much I wanted for it. So now I have a better idea on how to answer- I was going to ask around $1000. That maybe too high but with this information I at least have a range!
If I have other items to value is that a separate fee for each item I submit ?

Personally, I think you could start at the $1000 range and work backwards from there as the price the lighting dealer is prepared to pay will depend upon their ability to market and sell the piece.

If you decide to become a member with JustAnswer you will have an almost unlimited number of inquiries which can be made for a single monthly charge, this may be your best course of auction. If you'd like to request me for further questions you can either put "For Erin-Marie" in the subject line or save me as a "favorite" and request my services directly. I'd be happy to assist and also specialize in Fine Art, Ceramics, Furniture and Glass.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

Erin thank you for the advice - how would I do the single monthly charge and how much would that be if I did? It’s a very good idea. I am moving soon and would like to value some more things whether I sell or keep them.

You are quite welcome.... to change your current plan go into your Account and look for the the Membership tab, this should allow you to change your settings.

When I'm not on JustAnswer I am CEO and Auctioneer of an auction house in Florida, I'd say at least 80% of my job is assisting with people who are moving and going through family collections exactly as you are. Personally, I find that JustAnswer is a great way to get an unbiased opinion of value because we aren't trying to buy or sell from you, just give you research based answers.

Oh... I do have one request though... if you could rate my services using the 'Stars' as it is the only way that JustAnswer compensates my work. This question will remain open though so that I can continue to assist you.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

Ok I will gladly rate you���� Thsnks fir the additional information on membership I will have to look into that to see how much it would cost . Lucky you that you are in Florida- here in NY we are having our 4th winter blizzard in 3 weeks ��

Thank you. :D

I certainly do not take advantage of the fact that I'm in Florida, I feel pretty lucky. Stay warm and safe up there and I'll look forward to helping you in the future.

Cheers!

Erin-Marie

Erin-Marie Wallace