Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I found a brass button with a relief picture of a possible…

Customer Question
I found a brass...

I found a brass button with a relief picture of a possible horse, camel or dog. The reverse loop is rather thick. Any idea what it might be?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I really can't make the animal out. I found the button while metal detecting in a field that yielded coins around 1857.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

There is a decorated edging around the front of the button

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/20/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 4 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Did you receive the picture?

Thank you for the image.

Please add a more well lit image of both the front and backside.

~Nora

Hi There,

I have not found a match to this for you.

I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Thanks for what you've done. Looking forward to some identification.
Donna