Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a kauda. Solid bronze think the name of the piece is…

I have a *****...

I have a ***** *****da. Solid bronze think the name of the piece is named how kola. Believe it is a Chief on a horse. Beautiful piece in excellent condition. It is signed. But found one that looks like it. But it's not exact.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The piece I found has some color to it. The one I have is just shiney bronze after I cleaned it up. Did not use anything on it other than a little water

3/20/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Ok. Can I send it in a email. Can't get it to do from here

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Ok thank you

Yes, there is one image showing here.

Do u need more

Thank you for your patience.

Your ***** *****ba (1865-1922) bronze figural of a Native American Indian Chief on horseback has a high value of $10,000 - $15,000 on today's market.

Note, the artist's last name is ***** ***** Kauda.

Also, do not shine this or wipe it down anymore. Part of the value in bronze is the patina it builds on the surface over time. You can shine sterling silver, but it really should not be done to bronze.

You will now need to please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Are we still connected

Yes, I posted your answer, can you see it?

~Nora

Ok. Sorry about the miss spelling. I noticed it after I sent. Lol. Ok so what do you suggest to do next.

I provided your valuation so next you will please need to take a moment and leave a rating by clicking the stars.

~Nora

Nora

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora