Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have bought a small table with a drawer which I think is…

I have bought a...

I have bought a small table with a drawer which I think is used for silver cutlery - it has a reddish wood and is lined with red velvet - small slender cabriolet legs - Victorian I think - any clues?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I have bought a small table with drawer for cutlery - it has balliol legs - very dainty and is made of a red wood - may be mahogany - have you any ideas?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I see that you posted a duplicate and that was closed because duplicates are not allowed.

Please add your photos here.

Look on the underside and inside for any markings just in case.

This is a vintage 20th-century standing silver chest

in cherry in a lift top style with felt molded sections

and cabriole legs. The value of this chest in good condition

is $125 to $140.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid separately by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Rarewares

Thank you for the good feedback.

If you would like to use me for any future questions,

put ForCustomer/strong> in the text of your question.