Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a hand written letter from Clementine Churchill

Customer Question
I have a hand...

I have a hand written letter from Clementine Churchill written to my mother from Feb. 1942 on stationary from***** Whitehall. what do you think it is worth. thank you

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is a letter thanking her for taking the time to help athe brave Russians in their time of struggle. (She darned the socks for them I believe

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 5 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

this is a photo copy, I do not want to scan the original

That is fine, thank you for the image. Please also send a view of the backside.

I did there is two pages

There is one image of just the front side showing here on my end.

~Nora

Thank you for the images and for your patience.

Your handwritten letter from Clementine Churchill from 1942 on*****letterhead has a high value of $150 - $200 on today's auction market.

You will now need to please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora