Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Just curious, i have a modern original Widdicomb table

Just curious, i have...

Just curious, i have a modern original Widdicomb table signed and numbered by Bonnell. Curious to know where to get it appraised

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Biedermeier style

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Small defect on top that appears to have been repaired with wax

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Okay, working on it.
20180320_153226.jpg2018032...jpg20180320_154754.jpg2018032...jpg20180320_153929.jpg2018032...jpg20180320_154656.jpg2018032...jpg20180320_154729.jpg2018032...jpg20180320_154535.jpg2018032...jpg
I can take more photos if you need. It looks good but it rocks a little, like one leg is a couple mm shorter than the others.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Okay, thank you.

Thank you for your patience.

You have a vintage Mid Century Modern era 5-4054 Widdicomb Furniture two-tier table with straight tapering legs.

The Bonnell notation is for the furniture craftsperson who produced the table in the workshop; though this does not impact value.

This was likely designed by T.H. Robsjohn-Gibbings.

High value on today's market is $300 - $600.

You will now need to please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Thank you. Do you know what would impact whether it's worth $300 or $600? and the best place to sell it?

It would really just depend on marketing and a bit of luck of the draw - you could list it for sale for $300 one week and the 'right' buyer might not see it in a week's timeframe. You could list it the next week for $600 and two people who really want it may both try to buy it at the same time and start a bidding war on it.

The estimate is based on the range in which comparables sell for on today's market.

Though it may sound cliche, the best platform for you to sell these is on Ebay. It is where the most potential buyers would first go to search for such items. Chairish.com is also a great site for selling furniture. You can also try listing on Craigslist, through a for sale forum group on Facebook or a local consignment shop. I do not recommend selling direct to a dealer, as a dealer will offer 10% - 30% of the lowest perceived value.

~Nora

Nora
Great, that's the information I was looking for. Thank you for the great advice.

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora

Okay, thanks again. This answer stays here for me to read again later, right?

Yes, it does.