Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a few items from my grandmother that I would like an…

I have a few items...
I have a few items from my grandmother that I would like an approximate value on. I will send a picture of the items from the front and the bottom. Thanks! Cheronc
image0.jpgimage0.jpgimage1.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage4.jpgimage5.jpgimage5.jpgimage6.jpgimage6.jpgimage7.jpgimage7.jpgimage8.jpgimage8.jpgimage9.jpgimage9.jpg
3/20/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

I believe I can help you.

I cannot tell you who made the Chinese Vase but, I can give you a value and date.

If you can tell me how each of the other items are marked? I see your markings, I just do not know which belongs to which. I also need sizes?

Glenda

I believe I can help you.

Glenda

The marking on the bottom of each one goes with the picture above it.the two candlesticks in the first picture has nothing but 128 on the bottom of each.They are about 6 3/4” tall and 2 1/2” wide. The next picture is a rectangular rounded plate with 2 roses on it. It was made by R S in Germany. It is lime greenish which the Internet says is older than the blue but I don’t know how old. It is 12 1/2” x 5 1/2” at the longest and widest points. There are three holes on each end , the center hole is like a half circle. The holes on each side of the half circle are oval and smaller. The plate is rimmed in a bright gold color with patterns in it. I am sending another picture from the top so it shows better.The next dish has three flowers on it. It is 8”x 3 3/4”. It is oval in shape with two rectangular rounded holes on each end.
On the back in blue it says R S Tillowitz ?(Gilenin) Germany The Chinese vase is almost 5” y’all and 3 1/2” at the widest point. the teacup in the saucer holder is 2 3/8” tall and 3” at the widest point, 3 1/2” if you count the handle. On the bottom is a blue Dresden. The saucer is 5” wide and 1 1/2” tall. It also has a blue Dresden on the bottom. They both have something small above the Dresden and the shape seems a little different but I can’t make them out. I will resend a picture of each bottom. I am sending one picture I forgot but it has no markings. It has little purple flowers on it and a gold handle. I don’t know what you would call this dish. It is 6 3/4” x 4 “. Thank you Glenda for your help.

Hello

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.

The Candle Sticks are from Japan, circa:30-40's -$55.00-75.00, the R S Germany Plate-$140.00-155.00, R S Tillowitz (Gilenin) Germany ( RS Tillowitz was marked on porcelain by the Reinhold Schlegelmilch factory at Tillowitz from the 1920s to the 1940s. ) $115.00-120.00, The Chinese Vase-$75.00-80.00, The Dresden Tea Cup-$45.00-60.00, The Hand Painted Porcelain Leaf Dish, ( mint dish ) -$65.00-75.00,
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser