Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a pair of vinegar and oil Cruets in perfect

I have a pair...

I have a pair of vinegar and oil Cruets in perfect condition. They have glasses stoppers and stand 10 inches tall. I believed the glass is pressed with an etched pattern. There are no identifying marks. I would like to know what the value might be.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I don't think so, just that they were given to me by my aunt who is now deceased and may have never been used

3/20/2018
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures?

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

Alternately, you can upload them to the free site www.imgur.com and post the link here.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

That's fine. When and where did you get them, and do you know anything about them?

Jennifer

I got them 7+ years ago from an elderly aunt who was moving to assisted living after her husband died. They lived in Amarillo, Texas, and had owned them for many, many years. I don't know anything else.

That's fine as well, thanks! Family history always helps. Give me a bit to try to match the pattern.

My apologies, power issues. Researching now.

Jennifer

Thanks for your patience. I've had it with this weather!

This is a pair of cut glass oil and vinegar cruets, circa 1940s-1950s, likely Italian. This is not a known maker or pattern.

The value of the pair at retail would be approximately $75.00.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first! If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first. Sincerely,

Jennifer
AppraiserJM