Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Looking for a price for a set of Hutschenreuther Turvel dish…

Looking for a price...

Looking for a price for a set of Hutschenreuther Turvel dish set: 6-7 1/4" plates, sugar bowl and creamer, 4 teacups and saucers, coffee pot. All in pristine condition except one cup was broken and reglued...

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Do you need a picture?

3/20/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Wonderful, thank you! That is exactly what I needed to see. Give me a bit to

do research and write an answer for you. You will get an answer in writing here and in email

in a bit.

This is a Hutschenreuther of Selb, Bavaria, Germany porcelain set in the Alt Wien pattern on the Turvel shape. The Alt Wien pattern features a courting couple based on paintings by artist Fragonard. The second mark is the mark of the US-based importer, DW Porzellan, that used this mark from 1921 to 1930. The set is valued as follows;
$20 each for 6 dessert plates,
$30 for the sugar bowl and $20 for the creamer,
$15 per set for the 4 teacups and saucers (10 for the repaired one),
$75 for the coffee pot.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Thank you!IMG_2231.JPGI see the platter picture I sent didnt go through. Can you please send an appraisal amount for it too? Jpeg above

The platter has a value of $60 to $80.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid separately by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Rarewares