Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have Theodore Limoges France c 1003 set of 12, with many…

I have Theodore Limoges...

I have Theodore Limoges France c 1003 set of 12, with many serving places. One plate has a chip and one luncheon plate has a chip, all the others are in perfect condition. Should I try to sell it as a set of 12 pieces with these two flaws or as a set of 8 that are perfect condition. Also, could you give me an idea as to the value.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I can think of unless you want me to give a list of the serving pieces

3/20/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

A service for (8) to 12 plus serving pieces of Theodore Haviland Limoges France porcelain

from circa 1895 to 1903 has a value of $700 to $900 resale on the secondary market.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares