Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am trying to find out some information and a price to sell…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to find out some information and a price to sell an old upright piano

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It has it .... Rud. Brehmer Stuttgart and C. Winkworth & Son, Annandale, Sydney

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Serial number 11633

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help.

Has the piano ever been rebuilt?

How recently has it been conditioned and tuned?

Hi Jennifer. How you doing?
Never been rebuilt from what I can see and have been told.
Last tuned about 8-10 yrs ago.

Thanks. Give me a bit and I'll have an answer for you.

Unfortunately, upright pianos from this period have very little resale value. This is not a maker with any particular cachet on the collectible market, which complicates it. On the high side, you might be able to get $500.00. But unfortunately, there are usually many listings of people willing to give away upright pianos to anyone who will move them, which makes them very hard to sell.

Many older upright pianos wind up in the dump, as it can be hard to even find a free taker. They are expensive to move and retune/maintain, and few people have the room.

I'm very sorry for the disappointing news.

Jennifer

I see that this question remains "open." How can I help you further? I strive to always provide five-star service.

I am happy to continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied.

Sincerely,

Jennifer