Antiques

Connect one-on-one with a verified antique expert who will answer your question

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur

More related answers
All antique experts are VERIFIED
I just found an old small 3 drawer painted cabinet with an
rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques Expert
I just found an old small 3 drawer painted cabinet with an enamel top and a fold down side shelf. The top drawer has a narrow board with slots cut into it. The bottom drawer is tin with a perforated s… read more
I would like to know the name of this piece of furniture in
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
I would like to know the name of this piece of furniture in my dining room, where it was probably made and the value. I think my mother called it a "breakfront" and for some reason I thought it might … read more
Trying to determine value of a piece of furniture, #444, It
Nora
Trying to determine value of a piece of furniture JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the An… read more
I have a trunk with a tag on it that says Belber Traveling
Rarewares
Rarewares, Expert Appraiser/Antiques Dealer
I have a trunk with a tag on it that says Belber Traveling Goods.. It has wood slats, leather straps buckles, and a lock. Metal corners. The inside has a tray with a flip top and leather snap closure.… read more
I just acquired a breakfront from the early 1900s that is
Nora
Hi, I just acquired a breakfront from the early 1900s that is solid mahogany that has inlaid wood, and 4 doors. I can't seem to find who would have made these then. … read more
Can you please give me the history and value of the
Rarewares
Can you please give me the history and value of the attached... No markings or labels. I've tried to take pictures of the inside to show construction. It is at a shop and I am wondering if it has any … read more
I have a very old Drexel hutch. I think it was from the
Rarewares
I have a very old Drexel hutch. I think it was from the early 1900's from when Drexel just started making furniture. Not sure though. It was my great grandmothers. I have extra original hardware for i… read more
Need to know the value of a Henredon Vienesse Draper china
Rarewares
Need to know the value of a Henredon Vienesse Dorothy Draper china cabinet from 1963. It is walnut, signed and in excellent condition with very slight wear due to age. … read more
Just bought this cabinet at a flea mkt. trying to find info
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Just bought this cabinet at a flea mkt. trying to find info on what it originally looked like and what the metal part of the cabinet was used for. Would like to repair and restore it to original. Any … read more
Have an old hamilton manufacturing print cabinet w 30 drawers.
C&A Appraisals (Randi)
C&A Appraisals (Randi), Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Have an old hamilton manufacturing print cabinet w 30 drawers. 1 drawer is damaged at the very bottom. Any idea of the value?… read more
I was given a antique hoosier cabinet from my moms house we
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
I was given a antique hoosier cabinet from my moms house we think it was built in the mid 1920's from what we can see it is made of oak the top half has a left cabinet with the flour bin two smaller c… read more
"The Bishop King" What do you think of this phone booth ..it
Robert S.
Robert S., BA
"The Bishop King" What do you think of this phone booth ..it has no phone though..so you can't make a call ...so my son Robert used his cell instead ..thank you ! Carole… read more
I would like to know the date and value of this sellers cabinet.
Great House Antiques
I would like to know the date and value of this sellers cabinet. I believe this may be the original finish. It is a greenish gray with stenciling on all three upper doors. On the back is a tag but no … read more
I would like to establish the value of my 1924 Dresser made
C&A Appraisals (Randi)
I would like to establish the value of my 1924 Dresser made by the Widdicomb Furniture Co. in Grand Rapids, MI.… read more
I have just acquired a kitchen cabinet with a label on the
Will
Will, Executive Director
I have just acquired a kitchen cabinet with a label on the back from "Coppes Bros. & Zook, Inc." This cabinet has a Patent No. 90885. I just read a reply from 1993 to another person who had also acqui… read more
Purchased an Oscar Onken Co. cabinet. The top of the cabinet
Great House Antiques
Purchased an Oscar Onken Co. cabinet. The top of the cabinet lifts up and looks like a jewelry box with 8 small containers and 1 large container. The cabinet front door has a picture of what looks lik… read more
I have a Chest/Sideboard that has a marble top and hidden bottom
C&A Appraisals (Randi)
I have a Chest/Sideboard that has a marble top and hidden bottom drawer. It looks like walnut the few places who ever painted it did not paint. I have had it for 30 years and have no idea of the age o… read more
I need to know the value of a cabinet purchased from an old
Great House Antiques
I need to know the value of a cabinet purchased from an old print shop. It was used for storage of the type face plates/alpha/numbers. It has numbered vertical metal strips with numbers (1 througgh 10… read more