Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I would like to know if my salvador dali watercolors are…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know if my salvador dali watercolors are real

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

In have 2 paintings I'd like to know if they are real

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

No. I have pictures

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/20/2018
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 4 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

In order to have these authenticated they would need to be looked at in person by a Certified Art Appraiser. If you like I can get you a list of appraisers you can take these to, in order for them to verify they are authentic.

Glenda

Sure. I'm in Florida but don't have tons of money for an appraisal that's why I tried ar :)

Hello

If you can tell me what town you are in, I can get you a list of people you can call. You can call one or all of them to see who best fits your needs.

Glenda

I'm in Ocala but that could be a tough one. I'm about 3 hours away from orlando. Sorry for the delay, I was at work. When does antique roadshow come close to me. I'd love to really know if they are real. If I took closer pictures would that help? Its a thick paper. Does the signature look good on the print? Do any signatures look real?

Pictures will not help, online it is impossible to authenticate, we cannot see it in person to determine if items are authentic.

Also I am not sure if you realize you did not reach the Antique Road Show, you must have gone to their site then clicked the box where you can ask a question, that is not the antique road show, it is a site justanswer where we the appraisers who come to the site value items for customers.

It is best to have these looked at in person.

If you want me to get you a list, I am happy to do that. You can call them and perhaps they can just look at them for you and then go from there, if they tell you they are authentic.

Glenda

I absolutely thought this was antique road show :(. I think they need to be looked at in person as well. I did go through their site but thought it was an appraisal through them :( Money lost I guess :(

Hello

No it is not lost, I can get you a list of people you can contact in your area. I do believe the Antique Road Show would do that for you. If you like I can get that list?

Glenda

Is like a list I guess so I have something for my $50 I guess. It costs like 2-500 dollars for some of these appraisals. I can't afford that unless these are real :) Do you know when AR is coming close to me?

No, we are not connected to the Road Show at all. That is why you should call each one tell them before you get a written appraisal you need to know if it is worth it, that you just need them to look at it for you.

Ok, I guess ill take the list of what you have. So they will tell me if its real with no appraisal and won't charge me?

Hello
Here is the list of Appraisers in your area, I also included a few Art Galleries you can contact, they also should be able to look at these and tell you if they are authentic:

Lorena O. Allen, (###) ###-####– Winter Park, FL, United States

Rebecca S. Nix, (###) ###-####– Windermere, FL, United States

***** *****, (###) ###-####– Palm Coast, FL, United States

Katherine Paton Cutlip,(###) ###-####– Maitland, FL, United States

Beverly G. Graham, (###) ###-####– Winter Park, FL, United States

Lauren K. Stump,(###) ###-####– Orlando, FL, United States

Maureen M. Heenan, (###) ###-####– Ponte Vedra, FL, United States

Julia R. Bluett,(###) ###-####– Jacksonville Beach, FL, United States
'

Jon S. Slone,(###) ###-####– Ormond Beach, FL, United States

Mike A Cotter (###) ###-####– Jacksonville, FL, United States

A few Art Galleries you can take it to, let them look at what you have, they also can advice you.

Artist-Alley
108 E Fort King St
Ocala, FL 34471
Phone number(###) ###-####/p>

Artistic Eye Fine Art Services
Ocala, FL 34478
Phone number(###) ###-####/p>

Ocala Art & Framing
Art Galleries
3131 SW College Rd
Ocala, FL 34474
Phone number(###) ###-####/p>

Marion Cultural Alliance
Art Galleries
23 SW Broadway St
Ocala, FL 34471
Phone number(###) ###-####/p>

Pictures Plus
Art Galleries
4048 Midway Ter
Ocala, FL 34472
Phone number(###) ###-####/p>

.

It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.