Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I’m curious about a Steiff ‘Peky Pekingese ‘. He was

I’m curious about a...

I’m curious about a Steiff ‘Peky Pekingese ‘.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

He was purchased in 1953. I’m curious as to what it originally sold for?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I know he is mohair as are most Steif stuffed animals. I’m just curious for sentimental reasons!

3/20/2018
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
I would be happy to help you. Please allow me to look this one up and post back here shortly. Thank you
Thank you!!
No need to call me

thank you the phone call ad is company generated. I like to keep it in written form so you have the information for future reference. The phone calls are strictly up to you and all you need to do is decline if you dont wish to have one. Thank you I am working on this now.

Thank you for your patience below is information on the 1953 Steiff ‘Peky Pekingese ‘

From what I have read the original price was 1.95 for this dog. I have found the information below also for you on the dog.

_____________________________________________________

the link below tells you about the Peky dogs and about a third down from the top shows the article I have pasted here for you below.

http://mysteifflife.blogspot.com/2009/11/taking-closer-peek-at-steiffs-peky-dogs.html

After the war, a newer Pekingese design was introduced, debuting in 1953. This updated Peky was produced in 8, 10, 14, and 22 cm though 1977. The post-war Peky is standing, made from light brown mohair, has a detailed black muzzle (mostly velvet in the smaller sizes; mohair in the larger ones), and a darling, pouty mouth. This pattern was also produced as an 18 cm hand puppet from 1963 through 1964. Because this design is so expressive, it remains a collector's favorite to this day - as each Peky truly has her own look and personality. The photo on the left shows an assortment of these "newer" Pekys, including the puppet.

Thank you so very much! I appreciate the information! You have been so helpful.

Thank you I am glad to help when you have a chance please rate my work above with the stars above our post here. It doesnt cost you anything strictly how I am paid for my work by the company Than you again and if I can help further just let me know always happy to help.

LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser