Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a W. Verschuur the Elder painting which I am having…

I have a W...

I have a W. Verschuur the Elder painting which I am having trouble with finding out it is authentic or not, what should I do?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Had Hindman and Associates send pictures off to a Norwegian Appraisor with no luck , still have the digital pictures if someone else could view

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not really best judged by the set of pictures at this point

3/20/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Thank you for the image.

Please add clear, in-focus extreme close-ups of the signature and the surface so I can see the texture as well as a view of the backside (do not remove from frame).

~Nora

Have one of signature in a different group
Any thoughts?
Will check back from time to time for answer

Please add just a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature only.

~Nora

I will call tomorrow morning . Thank you

ok

Nora, I am available to get your opinion on the Verschuur painting . Julie
I have a picture of the signature in my e-mail box but do not know how to get it to you.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

I will get a photo of the signature this evening and send to you .

Great, thank you. ~Nora

Nora
Phone call session started

Excellent, thank you.

What time tomorrow would you be available to chat? I am in EST

I am available for an hour now , it is 9pm here

I am available tomorrow for phone calls after 1130am

9am my time central
12:30 -1 central

Okay, will do. Speak with you tomorrow. ~Nora