Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

3/20/2018
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi again!

That's an interesting piece. What size is it? From my end, it looks a color print with applied gold, is that right? Are the little sketches actual pen and ink or are they printed too?

~Diana

Hi. Thanks for getting back with me.

.

I don't see any little stray marks, so I think the sketches are printed (but were printed from real pen and ink sketches). The sketches look like a mosque, like Dome of the Rock and the other looks like the Western Wall; two popular, historical locations. That's interesting because they're historical sites for 2 different religions. The writing on the picture is hebrew, not arabic, which is odd considering the pictures.

.

I think what you have is a midcentury tourist like print for Jerusalem. It features a very neat gold embossed floral design. The layout is actually similar to a page out of a prayer book or prayer card.

.

Given how neat the design is, something like that should be worth about $60 to $80

.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great evening.
~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser