Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am thinking about purchasing a Disney Map. It is very

Hello, I am thinking...

Hello, I am thinking about purchasing a Disney Map. It is very large (100 x 72). It was from the 1970's. What do you think the value is?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Ok. Let me find the description. The computer won't let me post a pic

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Vintage 1970's Disneyland Pictorial Map. This Map is Massive. Framed- Needs Acrylic Glass for long term storage. Can be hung or displayed as is, but would be best with something covering it. I'm working on finding acrylic large enough to fit the frame. Pictures don't do it justice. (The Mickey statue in the pic is sold and not included in the sale). Map has lots of ware and is made up of 4 individual images/quadrants that when combined form the map.
This is an official Disney Productions MapMeasures almost 100" x 71" would require freight shipping

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/19/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Ok. Do you think they will get back to me today? Or tomorrow?
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Is this pasted down to a backing?

~Nora

Thank you for confirming.

This being pasted down to the backing does impact the value.

It is recommended to stay under $200 if considering purchasing this.

You will now need to please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Ok. Good to know. I’ll get back to you if I find out otherwise but I’m pretty sure it is pasted to a backing,

You are very welcome and my pleasure to be of help to you here.

In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars, I would really appreciate it.

This question thread will not close after a rating is left.

Thank you!

~Nora

Nora
Phone call session started