Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a painting on a frame, 1871 framing company ...do you…

Customer Question
I have a painting...

I have a painting on a frame, 1871 framing company ...do you assess online with photos I provide, and if so, what is the cist?

Expert's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Antiques Appraiser's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

So do you accept the imagery. Then set price?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have 3 images, one from the front, two of the framing on the back ..

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

R. Aldworth holder and picture frame maker est. 1871 on back. Very poor backing but the front of painting looks good.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/19/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 4 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora