Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a print of Jesus in the Wheat Field. It is signed in…

I have a print...

I have a print of Jesus in the Wheat Field. It is signed in the lower right corner J H Wehle 1900. I was wondering what it is worth.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

J R Wehle

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I have a print of Jesus in the Wheat Field. It is signed J R Wehle, 1900. I was wondering what it’s worth

3/19/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

What size is this?

It looks like 11x7
I’m sending pic’s
368998B6-0C37-407E-88C9...jpeg368998...jpeg9B3EE001-03CC-4AC6-A0C9...jpeg9B3EE0...jpeg9E4AB3C3-7FBB-4C87-B18D...jpeg9E4AB3...jpegE844E7F2-367A-4518-A05A...jpegE844E7...jpeg9C27EBE5-5411-467E-895D...jpeg9C27EB...jpeg
Are you still there
Is there a problem
Did you get the pictures I sent you

Hello

yes. what size is this?

It is in a frame. The frame is black with wheat carved in the wood. The picture part looks like 11x7

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Jesus in the Wheat Field, Wehle 1900, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $300.00-350.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $150.00-175.00, if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $350.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $350.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is Offerup.com, Varagesale.com, Wanelo.com, www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com and letgo.com. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019
Phone call session started
I don’t want to talk to anyone on my phone. The expert could not talk to me then! So please refund my charge card for the call that wasn’t made.
Yeah, but she could not call me then so please refund my card for the call I did not receive!
Don’t call me now. I said refund my card!!!

Hello

It was not that I could not talk to you then. I am unable to do a live phone call. I do not hear well enough to do the live phone calls. We appraisers do not make the phone call offer they are an up sell offer by the site.

Just to let you know the Professional Appraisers are not considered employees of Just Answer, We are verified by the site to answer questions in our fields. We are considered site users just like you. We come to the site to answer questions that customers ask. Therefore we have no knowledge of or control over the finances of the site or what they charge customers.

If you do not want the charge for the phone call you should contact customer service tell them to take the phone call charge off, if you were charged for it.

by phone:
US/Canada 1.***-***-**** or 1-***-***-**** or 1-***-***-****

thanks

Glenda